Ruby on Rails vs. PHP
As a web developer we usually get known that ROR (Ruby on Rail) is one of the fastest growing language in the world. But PHP is also a mature language these days so what are the major difference between both of that. We are just explaining some good points that differenciate between ROR and PHP
1. PHP is a Language and Ruby on Rails is a Framework
2. PHP uses very little memory and performs quite well than ROR
3. As a beginer PHP requires more effort to get started like db connection and class files etc. (if you are not using any framework) but ROR is a framework
4. ROR framework have more always loaded with more overhead than PHP because its a framework which requires lots of libraries.
5. ROR uses more clear syntax and coding structure than PHP.
6. ROR supports activeRecord design you can map database as an object. Although the same is now achieved in PHP’s symphony platform.
7. A lot of advance level things are already included in ROR like routing, MVC architecture, Templating system etc..
8.Deployment of ROR is little difficult but more secure (although this is alleviated by services like Heroku, but then you miss out on the educational opportunities of understanding the low-level)
9.Same Like PHP , ROR also have a lot of frameworks but all ROR frameworks follow greate coding conventions.Some popular frameworks are Sinatra (a lightweight web framework), Nokogiri (a HTML/XML parser), Sequel (a high level database library), RSpec (an automated testing library).
10.At the end i will suggest you should use the language which have more flexibility , resource availablity . ROR is really a fastest growing language but also PHP is a very popular language who has a lot to show to world that shows maturity of a programming language.
Latest posts by Chandra Shekhar (see all)
- Best practices for micro service design - January 23, 2022
- Spring Boot - January 23, 2022
- Java - January 23, 2022